Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Interlude

Before putting on my blog new photos of the wip painting, here is a way to restore deleted photo from a camera card after having erased them.
It proves useful sometimes!

I once lost all the new photos on my PC recently, after having deleted them from the camera card.
After some research on the web, I found this tool:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
which is a free photo recovery tool.
I recovered almost all of my lost photos with it.
In fact, photos are not really erased from the card. It is just that the card "table of contents" is erased.
New photos will fill the space on the disc, crashing the old and creating new entries in the "table of content".
So it is very important not to take new photos before doing the recovery, to be able to recover most of the data on the card.

No comments: